Youth Woodturning Summer Camp
- Dates: June 26 - 30
- Option 1: Morning Session 9am - 12pm
- Option 2: Afternoon Session 1pm - 4pm
- Cost $200 for one option. Students may sign up for both if they prefer and stay all day.
- Wood, materials, and tools are included.
- Ages 13 and older
- Limit 6 students per session
- Location: Rosato Woodturning Center 150 West Canal Street #3 Winooski, VT
Join us this summer to carve trees into treasures. Learning to use a wood lathe and hand chisels students will carve trees into salad bowls, ice cream bowls, candlesticks, rolling pins, and bunch of other projects. No experience necessary. You just have to follow directions well.
Our experienced instructors will work closely with participants teaching proper technique to successfully turn wood. The process is exciting, engaging, and hands-on. Students will carve trees into treasures they will cherish for a lifetime.
Students will take a chunk of tree and carve it into a bowl. They will turn freshly cut trees into salad bowls and ice cream bowls. Each student will make at least two bowls and more if time permits.
- How to cut up trees to make bowls
- How to use a wood lathe
- Proper cutting techniques with a bowl gouge
- Fun, exciting, hands-on experience
- Make something that lasts a lifetime
Students will also make a rolling pin, a honey dipper, a spinning top, and other spindly projects. They will learn about wood grain direction and how to turn sticks into something
functional and useful. Each student will make a huge mess of wood chips and then have the pleasure of cleaning it up.